Audrey’s Cardigan Fall Knitalong!
I’m so excited to be hosting a virtual knitalong (KAL) for my new pattern Audrey’s Cardigan, and it runs from October 23 – November 30! If you’re reading this and it’s past November 30th, then that means our KAL has come to an end. But if you’re interested in future KAL’s, make sure to join my newsletter to be the first to hear!
This will be a virtual knit-along with an educational-focus – I’ll be sharing tutorial videos at each step along the way, from swatching to blocking and everything in-between. So it’s both a KAL as well as a bit of an online class! So if you’ve never knit a sweater before, this is a great opportunity to make your first one. Or if you’re a more experienced knitter, I hope you might just enjoy following along and maybe learn a few tips or tricks along the way! Below are more details and instructions on how to join:
What is a virtual KAL?
Every knitalong (KAL) can be a little different but the general idea is that everyone knits the same project, receiving support along the way and having the opportunity to interact and share with other participants throughout the process via some kind of online community forum (although active participation in these online groups can be totally optional!).
How will the Audrey’s Cardigan KAL work?
- I’ll be emailing you video tutorials of every step involved in making the cardigan, from swatching to blocking (and everything in-between), at regular intervals throughout the KAL timeframe. Examples of some of the tutorial videos are: how to do the raglan shaping, underarm divide, working sleeves and picking up stitches for the front bands (to name a few).
- I’ll set some milestone dates (see below for schedule), but it’s all about knitting at your own pace! If you’re not at the current video’s step yet, just save it for later!
- In addition, I’ve created a private Facebook group as well as a thread in my Ravelry group for people to introduce themselves, share yarn pictures and work-in-progress photos along the way. But participating in either group is totally optional.
How do I join the KAL?
- To join, just click here to sign-up (note: if it’s past Nov 30th, the sign up link is no longer live)! This will add you to the Audrey’s Cardigan KAL Email List.
- You’ll receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription (note: depending on your email provider, this can sometimes be delayed. If you don’t get it within an hour or 2, please let me know!).
- Once you confirm your subscription, you’ll receive an official welcome email within 5 minutes that includes a welcome video from me, links to join our online groups if you would like, and a video about your yarn options and other important information (note: if for some reason you don’t receive this welcome email, please let me know).
- Make sure you purchase the pattern (either here or on Ravelry) and get your supplies (all listed in the pattern) prior to our start date of October 23rd.
- Not sure if you’ll be able to knit the sweater during the KAL time? No worries – you can still sign-up so that you’ll receive the tutorial videos and tips – this way when you are ready to knit it, you’ll have all of the instructional videos handy.
Below are the milestone dates for the Audrey’s Cardigan KAL. On each of these dates, you will receive a tutorial video that will show you how to work that particular technique/step of the pattern:
- Oct 23: Cast-on and begin raglan shaping
- Oct 30: Underarm divide (i.e, sleeve separation) and begin body
- Nov 6: Hem stripe and ribbing
- Nov 11: Sleeves
- Nov 18: Picking up stitches for Front Bands and begin ribbing
- Nov 21: Buttonhole placement and finishing Front Bands
- Nov 23: Weave in ends & blocking
- Nov 28: Attaching Buttons
- Nov 30-Dec 4: Upload finished photo to enter to win our KAL giveaway prize!
- Dec 5: Giveaway prize winner announced
You can also win a fabulous KAL prize at the end, thanks to the wonderful folks at Berroco who are sponsoring the giveaway prize! To be eligible to win, you just need to post a finished sweater photo at the end of the KAL (between Nov 30 – Dec 4) – either in the Facebook group or on Ravelry. All those who do will become eligible for this giveaway prize: One lucky person (chosen by random number generator) will win your choice of any one of my 20 patterns that call for Berroco yarn (from the list below) AND all of the Berroco yarn you need to make it (as many skeins as you need for your size and in the color of your choice – so long as its in stock)! And this prize is open to everyone – Berroco will ship worldwide. You can choose from the following patterns: