Finished Size: approx 6.5 x 48”/17 x 122 cm
Yarn/Yardage: Bulky-weight yarn, Shown in Vintage Chunky by Berroco (50% Acrylic, 40% Wool, 10% Nylon; 100g = 136 yds), 1 main color (MC) and 5 contrasting colors (CC), broken out as follows:
- MC: 110 yds, 1 skein, shown in Oats (light brown)
- CC1: 25 yds, 1 skein, shown in Sunny (yellow)
- CC2: 25 yds, 1 skein, shown in Dewberry (purple)
- CC3: 25 yds, 1 skein, shown in Tang (orange – note: color discontinued, use Pumpkin instead)
- CC4: 25 yds, 1 skein, shown in Chocolate (brown)
- CC5: 25 yds, 1 skein, shown in Neptune (teal)
Needles & Supplies:
- US 10/6 mm needles (either straight or 24”/80 cm circ), or size needed to obtain gauge
- 1 extra US 10/6 mm 24”/60 cm or 32”/80 cm circ, or size used to obtain gauge (to be used during three needle bind-off).
- Spare circ in size US 4/3.5 mm or smaller
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends.
- Cowl is knit flat like a scarf. At the end, stitches are picked up along cast-on edge and the three needle bind-off is worked to attach ends together.