Sometimes simplicity is the way to go. If you are a beginner knitter or just looking for a super relaxing knit that can provide you with some relaxation at the end of a long day, check out my Wicked Easy Scarf Pattern below. This scarf makes a great holiday present too and is great for women, men and kids too!
Wicked Easy Scarf
- 400 yards of worsted-weight yarn
- US 7 knitting needles (either 10″ straight needles or you can use a 24″ circular working back and forth).
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends
- Cast-on 44 stitches. I like using the long-tail cast-on method but you can use any kind of cast-on you prefer.
- You will work every row as follows: *knit 1, purl 1; repeat from * to the end.
- Continue working that row until your scarf measures between 60-80″, depending on how long you want it.
- Bind-off all stitches in pattern. This means that you’ll bind-off knit-wise if the stitch you are working is a knit stitch or purl-wise if it’s a purl stitch (you can tell it’s a purl stitch if it has the little bump at the top).
- Cut yarn leaving a 6″ tail.
- Weave in all ends using your tapestry needle.
Note: at some point you will likely use up 1 skein of yarn and need to join a new skein of yarn. This video shows you how to do it.