Study Buddy Mitts Thumbhole – Row 1
In section 2 of the pattern you work 3 rows to create the thumbhole. On this page I provide photo tutorials of the different techniques used in Row 1 of this section.
1. After you knit 14, place marker on right needle.
2. To bind-off first stitch, you’ll first need to knit the next 2 stitches….
3. Now that the first 2 stitches are knit, I’m ready to work my first bind-off.
4. Insert left needle into 2nd-stitch-in on the right needle…
5. …And lift it up and over the last stitch and off the right needle.
6. 1 stitch has now been bound off.
7. To BO remaining stitches, you’ll first knit the next stitch so you’ll have 2 stitches on the right needle.
8. Insert left needle into 2nd-stitch-in on the right needle…
9. …And lift it up and over the last stitch and off the right needle.
10) Continue until 5 (7) stitches have been bound off and you have 8 (9) stitches on the left needle.