Study Buddy Mitts Three Needle Bind-Off
In the Finishing section of Study Buddy Mitts, after you pick up your cast-on edge stitches, you now have live stitches on both ends and are ready to work the Three Needle Bind-Off technique to put the mitt together! You can also watch my video here for how I work the Three Needle Bind-Off.
1. Slide cast-on edge needle stitches to other end of circular.
2. Fold piece in half so RS’s are together (WS facing you) and needle tips are parallel to each other.
3. Using US 10.5 needle, insert needle knitwise into the first stitch on both front and back needles.
4. Knit these 2 stitches together.
5. Then repeat step 3 so that you have 2 stitches on your US 10.5 needle.
6. Then insert one of US 10 needle tips into first stich on US 10.5 needle…
7. …And lift it up and over the last stitch and off the US 10.5 needle – 1 stitch bound-off.
8. Then repeat steps 5-7, binding-off all stitches.
9. It will look like this after all stitches are bound-off. Cut yarn and thread through last stitch to secure.
10. Then thread tail through tapestry needle and weave in ends – the bound-off edge serves as a good spot to weave in.