Finished Measurements: 12.25″ height x 23.5″ circumference
Gauge: 20.5 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inchesin St st in the round
(Note: exact gauge is not critical but it will affect your finished measurements and yarn usage).
Yarn: 5 colors of DK-weight yarn, shown in Silk Blend by Manos del Uruguay (70% Merino, 30% Silk; 50g = 150 yds), broken out as follows:
- Color A (for hem – tan): approx 54 yds, shown in Marzipan, 1 skein.
- Color B (for bottom stripes – orange): approx 48 yds, shown in Topaz, 1 skein.
- Color C (for bottom & top stripes – gray): approx 90 yds, shown in Kohl, 1 skein.
- Color D (for top stripes – silver): approx 48 yds, shown in Silver, 1 skein.
- Color E (for top rib – blue): approx 25 yds, shown in Wedgewood, 1 skein.
If you are looking for a yarn shop that carries these colors, check out Ball and Skein and More. They put together yarn kits just for this project!
Note: Less colors can be used if preferred. Just add up the yardages above to determine how much of each color you will need. For example, a 3 color version can be made by combining colors A & B into 1 color and combining colors D & E into 1 color (just as one possible option).
One of the other yarns I suggest is Berroco’s Ultra Wool DK. For a similar color palette as that shown, I suggest these colors: Wheat (color A), Butternut (color B), Stonewashed (color C), Blue Angel (color D), Sky Blue (color E).
Needles & Other Supplies:
- US 7/4.5 mm 16”/40 cm circ, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- For top ribbing: US 6/4 mm 16”/40 cm circ, or 1 needle size smaller than that used for gauge.
- 1 stitch marker.
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends.