Spring Cardigan 2022 Test Knitting Call
I am looking for some test/preview knitters for a new design!
This short-sleeved cardigan (official name coming soon!) is a sport/DK-weight cardigan that I’m planning on releasing in early June 2022. I’m looking for test/preview knitters who can complete the sweater by the end of May and share with me their input about the pattern instructions and overall design feedback.
Full testing information, including how to apply to be a test/preview knitter for this design, are found below! This testing call will be open until 3/24/22. Thank you so much for your consideration 🙂
- DK or sport-weight.
- Sample knit in Nua Sport by Stolen Stitches (60% Merino, 20% Yak, 20% Linen) but you can use any sport/DK-weight yarn you like.
- Gauge: 22 sts & 30 rows = 4″ in Stockinette stitch
- 10 sizes are provided.
- Finished Bust Circumference (when Front Bands overlapped) = 33 (36, 39.5, 42.5, 45.5) (48.5, 51, 54, 57, 60)”
- Recommended Ease: 1-4″ (so picking a size whose finished measurement is 1-4″ larger than your actual bust measurement, depending on desired fit).
- Apply to be a tester by: March 24, 2022.
- If selected, you will receive the pattern by: March 31, 2022.
- Target deadline for sweater to be completed, pictures taken and questionnaire filled out: May 27, 2022 (approx. 8 weeks).
- Pattern release date to the public: June 3, 2022.
- Knit seamlessly from the top-down with raglan construction.
- Simple eyelet stitch panel is featured along each of the front body edges as well as the back neck.
- It has short sleeves that extend to above the elbow for a bit more coverage (although you can make them shorter or longer if you prefer).
- Body features an A-line silhouette.
- Front bands are created by picking up and knitting stitches along the garment edge. There are no buttonholes for a more open look, but buttonholes can be added if you prefer a closure.
What I’m looking for in a tester:
- I’m looking for knitters of all skill-levels! But you should at least have a little experience with sweater knitting (having knit at least a sweater or two already), and ideally a top-down raglan before.
- You should feel comfortable with the target deadline and sharing finished photos of your garment (along with your pattern/design input, and info such as size made, amount of ease you’re wearing it with, and materials used).
- You can refer to the “Is Test Knitting for Me” section of my test knitting page for more specifics.
Interested in being a test/preview knitter for this design?
Just send me an email at email@example.com with the following information:
- What size you would knit, should you be selected.
- Your Ravelry username (if you have one).
- Your Instagram handle (if you have a public one with knitting photos).
Thank you so much! You will be notified by March 25th.