Size: S/M (L/XL)
To Fit Hand Circumference: Approx 7-7.5 (8-8.5)”/18-19 (20-22) cm
Measure around your palm under your knuckles, excluding your thumb.
Circumference: 6.25 (7.5)”/16 (19) cm
Length: 7.25 (8)”/18 (20) cm
Note: adjusting size is easy – visit my tips page for more details!
Gauge: 15 sts & 28 rows = 4” in Garter St*
*Exact gauge is not critical but it will affect your finished measurement and yarn usage.
Yarn: approx 80 (110) yds of Aran/Bulky-weight yarn, shown in Mercado by Berroco (100% Wool; 100g = 164 yds), 1 skein, Verde.
Needles & Supplies:
- Two pairs of US 10/6 mm 24” circ or straight needles, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- US 10.5/6.5 mm 24”/60 cm circ (or straight needles), or 1 needle size larger than that used to obtain gauge (used for cast-on and bind-off).
- Stitch markers.
- Optional: Removable marker (to mark RS of work).
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends.
- Mitts are worked flat & lengthwise in Garter st
- A slip stitch/i-cord edge is featured along one of the sides.
- The thumbhole is created half-way, using a combination of techniques that ensure a stable opening.
- After body of mitt is completed, stitches are picked up along cast-on edge & mitt is folded in half, using the Three Needle Bind-Off to attach together.