Sizes: 1 (2, 3)
To Fit Bust Sizes: 32-40 (42-50, 52-60)”/81-102 (107-127, 132-152) cm.
Finished Circumference: 51 (58, 68)”/130 (147, 173) cm
Picking your Size: Choose a size based on the “To Fit Bust Size” measurement (this provides approx. 8-16”/20-40 cm of positive ease, depending on size). Shown in Size 1, being worn with approx 16”/40 cm of positive ease at the bust. If you prefer a more sweater/vest-like fit (instead of a poncho-like fit), choose a size with less positive ease.
Yarn/Yardage: Bulky-weight yarn, shown in Ultra Wool Chunky by Berroco (100% Superwash Wool; 100g = 145 yds), broken out as follows:
- Main Color (MC): 680 (800, 975) yds, 5 (6, 7) skeins. Shown in Butternut, 4329.
- Contrasting Color (CC): approx 200 yds, 2 skeins. Shown in Driftwood, 43104.
Before Blocking: 15 sts & 20 rows = 4”/10 cm in St st on larger needles.
After Blocking: 14.5 sts & 19.5 rows = 4”/10 cm in St st on larger needles.
Needles & Supplies:
- US 10.5/6.5 mm 32”/80 cm circ needle, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- US 10/6 mm 16”/40 cm circ needle, or 1 needle size smaller than that used to obtain gauge.
- For Three Needle Bind-Off and Cowl: US 10.5/6.5 mm 24”/60 cm circ needle, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Stitch markers (including 1 removable marker)
- Scrap yarn or stitch holders
- 2 buttons, 1”/28 mm
Construction: The Front and Back are each worked separately from the hem up to the shoulders. Buttonholes are created at each side of the Front with buttons being added to the back piece after completion (to create armholes). Short rows are used to shape the shoulders, and the three needle bind-off technique is used to attach Front and Back shoulders together. Stitches are picked up around the neck and worked in a rib stitch. The removable cowl is worked separately, created by working in the round.