Sizes: 1 (2, 3)
To Fit Bust Sizes: 32-40 (42-50, 52-60)”/81-101.5 (106.5-127, 132-152.5) cm
Finished Circumference: 56.5 (61.5, 67)”/143.5 (156, 170) cm
Picking your Size: Poncho is meant to be worn with a generous amount of positive ease. Choose a size based on the “To Fit Bust Size” measurement. If you prefer a more sweat- er/vest-like fit (instead of a poncho-like fit), choose a size closer to your actual bust measurement.
Shown in size 1.
Yarn/Yardage: Approx 1090 (1240, 1400) yds of worsted-weight yarn, shown in Ultra Wool by Berroco (100% Superwash Wool; 100g = 219 yds), 5 (6, 7) skeins, shown in Fog #33109.
Gauge: 18 sts & 26 rnds = 4”/10 cm in St st in the rnd
Needles & Supplies:
- US 8/5 mm 32”/80 cm circ needle, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- US 8/5 mm 24”/60 cm circ needle, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- US 7/4.5 mm 24”/60 cm circ needle, or 1 needle size smaller than that used to obtain gauge.
- Stitch markers (including 1 removable marker)
- Scrap yarn or stitch holders
Construction:Poncho is knit from the bottom-up, featuring a split hem with longer back. Each front and back hem is worked separately and then joined to work in the round after the split. Body is worked in one piece to the underarms, then each front/back is worked separately to the shoulders. The 3 needle bind-off is used to attach front and back shoulders together.