Brookdale Vest Knitalong
I’m so excited to be hosting a virtual knitalong (KAL) workshop for my popular vest pattern Brookdale! You can purchase your registration between now and October 5th. It all kicks-off on October 6th with a pre-Cast On Zoom meet-up and then cast-on begins the week of October 9th! All of the details including what my virtual KAL’s are like, what you can expect, and how to register can be found below! Or if you want to proceed to purchasing your registration, click here.
What is a virtual KAL workshop?
A KAL is where all participants knit the same project at the same time. My virtual KAL workshops take this concept a step further by being educationally-focused – you receive weekly “tips & tutorials” lessons sent right to your inbox each week throughout the KAL, full of tutorials and helpful tips for each phase of the project. Plus you’ll have opportunities to connect online with other participants as well as with me to ask questions along the way! But although I’ll be sending lessons on a weekly basis, it’s still ‘knit-at-your-own-pace’ so there is no pressure to keep up – if you aren’t ready for the next lesson when it arrives, not to worry – just save it until you are ready! And our live Zoom meet-ups will be recorded so you can also watch them whenever it works best for you.
What will I learn in the Brookdale KAL Workshop?
The Brookdale vest makes a great KAL project because there are lots of interesting techniques involved (note: click here for more info about the pattern itself including additional garment photos). Plus, as part of this KAL, you’ll have access to brand new video tutorials that aren’t available to the public yet. Here are some of the things you can learn in the Brookdale KAL:
Note: You should already know the knitting basics (this is not a ‘learn to knit’ workshop) and be comfortable with basic knitting techniques (cast-on, knit, purl, reading a pattern, etc).
When I enroll in the Brookdale KAL, what do I get?
- Weekly lessons sent via email to your inbox for every phase of the project. These lessons include information, tips, photo tutorials and/or video demonstrations. You’ll receive your first 3 “getting started” lessons right after you register (these lessons are: tips on picking a size, picking yarn and gauge swatching). Then your weekly lessons begin on our cast-on day, October 9th.
- Access to Zoom online meet-ups we’ll have during the KAL, including a very informative “getting started” pre-Cast On session we’ll have on October 6th (prior to cast-on on October 9th), where I’ll help answer your size/yarn/gauge questions. These sessions will be recorded so if you cannot attend in ‘real-time’ you can watch it after the fact.
- Access to join my private Facebook group Knitting with Elizabeth Smith & Friends where we’ll be chatting about the KAL, sharing photos and is another opportunity to ask questions or get advice from other KAL participants (joining this group is totally optional though).
- Opportunity to win the KAL prize. All registered participants will be eligible to win the exciting KAL prize at the end of the KAL.
What’s the KAL Schedule?
How do I register for the Brookdale Vest KAL?
You can register by purchasing the Brookdale Virtual KAL here (or the button below). There’s a registration cost of $35 and that includes all of the lessons (10 lessons total!), Zoom meet-up access and Facebook private group access (it does not include the pattern but that can be purchased separately, or here on Ravelry).
After your purchase has gone through, you’ll receive two emails from me:
- A confirmation of your KAL purchase that will include a PDF download of the KAL Next Steps (along with a PDF of the pattern if you had added that to your order as well).
- Within 10-15 minutes you should receive a welcome email with: links to your first 3 “getting started” lessons, instructions on how to join the private Facebook group, and information about our first Zoom meet-up on October 6th.
If you don’t receive any emails, please first check your junk/spam folder (or if you use gmail desktop, check that “promotions” tab). If for some reason you don’t receive the emails, please let me know (email: email@example.com) and I’ll ensure you get everything you need!
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. I look forward to connecting with you during this fun and informative knitalong!